Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2018 18:05:25 +0000
From:      Andrew Duane <aduane@juniper.net>
To:        Eric van Gyzen <eric@vangyzen.net>, "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>, Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Cc:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>, Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>, Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>, Freebsd hackers list <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Is it considered to be ok to not check the return code of close(2) in base?

Of course, my OCD will kick in and say this would need to be something like=
:

#ifdef DEBUG_CLOSE
#define close(f)	do {if (close(f) < 0) assert(errno !=3D EBADF); } while (0=
)
#endif

Have to watch those macro replacements like "if (need_to_close) close(f);".=
 And the close succeeding :-)

Andrew L. Duane - Principal Resident Engineer
AT&T Advanced Services Technical Lead
Juniper Quality Ambassador
m   +1 603.770.7088
o    +1 408.933.6944 (2-6944)