Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 19:42:32 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD-stable

Time for me to ask a stupid newbie FreeBSD question...

I see source for FreeBSD-stable, but no binaries.  So, stable is just
like current, except more stable and less current?  ;-)

What I mean is, you don't have ready-made binary tarballs, and
ready-to-go installation tools?  Is it a simple matter to just build
stable sources on a 2.1.0-release system?  (I know if you get too far
out of sync with NetBSD-current, it can be almost impossible to build
current on a previous release.)

Is this a FAQ?  Is asking "is this a FAQ?" a FAQ?  Does Mel Torme
really drink Mountain Dew?

Thanks for educating me on all that is FreeBSD-stable...

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.