Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 08:04:17 -0500
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        Muthu_T@Dell.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4 supports  DELL PERC 4 cards

Muthu_T@Dell.com wrote:
> All,
>
>   Could anyone add the following cards to the 'amr' man page as
> supported hardware?
>
> 1. DELL PERC 4/SC   - PCI Card
> 2. DELL PERC 4/DC   - PCI Card
> 3. DELL PERC 4e/DC  - PCI Express card
>
> I had installed FreeBSD 5.4 on PE2850 today and found that 'amr'
> detected the above last 2 cards.
>
> See the attached dmesg & 'pciconf -l -v' output.
>
> Also please change the text 'MegaRaid' to 'MegaRAID' in 'amr' source.
>
> Thanks.
> --T. Muthu Mohan

First off, thanks for providing the feedback and testing! Seeing
manufacturers contribute is a blessing to anyone following the project.

Second, while src committers (those that are supposed to monitor
current@) have the ability to modify man pages it is generally felt that
is one of the tasks of the Documentation project team. All requests for
documentation changes are asked to be sent to doc@freebsd.org mailing
list. However, they are more than welcome to be CC'd here as well if
it's something like an RFC!

Doc. Project is at http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/docproj.html

PS I CC'd doc@ so don't worry about sending another one. Thanks again.

--