Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:45:56 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Possible web site improvements?

On 10 Aug 98, at 16:10, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Would it be possible to make the various FreeBSD mailing lists browseable?
> They can be searched which is nice, but it can be difficult to track a
> thread with that setup. Also would it be possible to be able to view PR's
> by number.. I can do it by entering the URL by hand.. but that's a bit
> annoying :)

One other request:

The results from searching the mailing lists looks like this:

1.Jeffrey Hs Re: libc.so.3.0?
     Score: 1070; Lines: 21; 01-May-1996; Archive: freebsd-questions

The results when searching the website/handbook you get:

1.http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook34.html
     Score: 333; Lines: 70; -8-1998; Archive: www

Spot the difference?  I think they should both look like the mailing
lists.  In the above example, I think it should be:

4.5. What to do when a port does not work.
     Score: 333; Lines: 70; -8-1998; Archive: www

That is, use the page title, not the URL.

--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited