Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:34:46 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache and virtual hosts

Paisios Gatsos wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I need some help for Apache. I have installed version 1.3.6 of Apache Web
> Server in my computer. My question is this:
> Let's assume that i have a main host with ip number 127.0.0.1.
> Can i have a virtual host with the same ip?
> If yes, what directives the <VirtualHost> should contain?
>
> Thanks.

Are you asking how to do VirtualHosts from ONE ip, or how to do
virtualhosts to multiple?

if singular, you'd need something like this:

NameVirtualHosts    xxx.xxx.xxx.1

<VirtualHost www.somesite.com>
 DocumentRoot "/wherever"
 ServerName www.somesite.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost www.someothersite.com>
 DocumentRoot "/whatever"
 ServerName www.someothersite.com
</VirtualHost>

if doing multiple ip virtualhosts, you'd only need:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.1>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.2>
</VirtualHost>

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com

P.S. - my mistake, made a typo when I cc'd questions@freebsd.org last
time; this message was sent as a reply to it's origional author.