Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2019 23:31:53 +0000
From:      "L. Mart" <l__mart@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "L. Mart" <l__mart@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Imation SuperDisk 120MB

Hopefully, you can help me.

Yes, Imation SuperDisk 120MB is old technology. However, after a recent dea=
th in the family, I now have a need to recover important genealogy document=
s stored on these disks. The disks were created on an Imation SuperDisk 120=
MB Parallel Port Drive w/ Imation USB adapter, which is in my possession.

Mitsubishi Electric states "FreeBSD release 2.2.6 or later supports the LS-=
120". http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/assets/vis/ls-120in.pdf

There are 2 dirvers for 2.2.6-RELEASE and, 2.2.7-RELEASE, wfd (ATAPI LS-120=
/ZIP) driver for FreeBSD
http://configure.sh/FreeBSD/ls120.html

My Questions:

  1.  Is the Imation SuperDisk 120MB supported in your current release (Fre=
eBSD-12.0-RELEASE)?
  2.  Is the driver for 2.2.6-RELEASE operable on your current release?
  3.  If not, can the driver for 2.2.6-RELEASE be updated to be operable on=
 your current release?
  4.  Does the 2.2.6-RELEASE offer a LiveCD or does it require a full insta=
ll to a HDD?
  5.  Do you have any additional thoughts to help me?

Thank you.

LMart

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]=
<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_source=3Dlink&ut=