Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 16:09:28 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        TMM@infothuis.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unknown class 'root'

The Mad Maniac wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1)
> Ever since i installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 on my machine, i get this message
> at login as root:
>
>     login_getclass: unknown class 'root'
>
> What does this mean?  How can i get rid of it ?
> I had it with the generic kernel, and i have it with my own kernel

	That's because it's not a kernel problem. :)  Best solution, install
freebsd 2.2.6 instead and this will go away. Second best solution:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/2.2.2R/errata.html

> 2)
> When i login, this message appears:
>
>     warning: imported path contains relative components

	This generally means that you have . (a dot) in your path when you su
to root. If that's the case, remove it. If not, we need some more
details, like when *exactly* you see that message and the output of
'echo $PATH'.

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet