Date:      Sun, 18 May 97 11:44:36 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "lheaton@cts.com" <lheaton@cts.com>
Subject:   Re: Learning FreeBSD

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Leland Heaton <lheaton@cts.com>, wrote
>I have a major dilema.  I want to learn freebsd.
>..  So I downloaded the manual...This doesn't help me
>much because I need to have something in front of me.  Written down.

First of all.. Are you familiar with Unix? If not I recommend you get
"The Unix Companion" by Harley Hahn ISBN 0-07-882149-5 or any other
Unix intro book. If all you need to lear are FreeBSD specifics then you
could start with The complete FreeBSD reference as Nadav Eiron
suggested. If you have web access from your Windows box then chech the
FAQ and online Documentation at http://www.freebsd.org. By looking at
those you can print the sections you need when needed.

Good luck!