Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 17:26:30 -0500
From:      Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley63.res.iastate.edu>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM == CAM Ate my Machine (and severly corrupted file systems too)

"Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com> wrote:

} To trap this kind of condition again, can you compile your kernel with
} "option DDB"?  This will cause a panic condition to break into the
} debugger, effectively freezing the panic message and perhaps some useful
} messages on the screen.

Done.

} >Here's the dmesg output:
}
} ...
}
} >bt0: bt_cmd: Timeout waiting for adapter ready, status = 0x0
} >bt0: btfetchtransinfo - Inquire Setup Info Failed
}
} I'm surprised by this.  We wait a full second for the adapter to
} come ready.  There is a lot of traffic going on when we do the probe,
} but still, a second is a long time.  As this command failed, the
} negotiated transfer characteristics for da0 were not reported.
} Can you try upping the maximum timeout in the bt driver for the adapter
} to come ready?

I bumped it up to 20000 and got the same message.  It's currently at 40000
and still giving the same output.  :\  Is there something else I could try?

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, ICEMT
mystify@friley63.res.iastate.edu	| SE Lab - 1117 Black Engineering
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~oz	| http://www.icemt.iastate.edu