Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 17:28:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        The Sparc of Life <root@plato.virgil.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997, The Sparc of Life wrote:
> hey, I have a question for you guys....if I delete the pseudo acounts
> that are listed in the master passwd file like toor, games, uucp, etc.
> will anything horrible happen??  Do they run certain processes??

You can trash toor and games without a thought.  User uucp owns the
Call out ports but if you never dial out that isn't a problem.

news, man and xten look like you could dump them with no problems.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com