Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:24:43 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "William" <willay@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.0 compat with DL320 G4

You got 2 choices

Out of the box the DL 320 G4 ships with a riser card that has 2 pci express
slots.  At least that is what they are supposed to be, we haven't tried
them.

HP sells a riser card that has a single 64 bit PCI 133 slot on it.  You can
buy
that and replace the existing riser.

If you only do the pci express then the adapter you want is the Intel
Pro 1000 PT  either the single port or the dual port, and make sure
it is the "server adapter" not the "desktop adapter"  (the models carry
the same model number but different descriptions, which is infuriating)

If you do the riser card replacement then you can use a Pro 1000 MT
server adapter.

If you buy the optional hot-swap module (which I don't think works under
FreeBSD anyhow) then you have to buy the riser card with the pci 133 slot
since that module is not pci express.

Ted