Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 2003 18:44:31 -0800
From:      "Sweetleaf" <sweetleaf@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   some linux advice !!!

I am planning on setting up a host which has several OS's via....
VMware-4.x.  Vmware-4 only runs on linux, so the host OS has to be linux
according to their website and i suppose i will have freebsd etc.. as the
guest.

so my questions is, which linux distro out of the following supported by
VMware would be the best foundation regards to stability, speed,
security, easy to update and install apps etc... I think memory
management and diskspeed would also be important.

>From their website, the following distros are supported

 redhat=20
 suse
 mandrake

**maybe asp linux as they are suppose to be 100% compatable with
redhat***

which would make the best host OS foundation to support my freebsd
"guest" install.=20

Thanks in advance.

The system for this project is a:

AMD Athlon 1800+