Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:27:24 -0600
From:      Hamilton Hoover <hamilton@twopoint.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipsec vpn on firewall

I have been given the task of setting up a vpn using ipsec on our
firewall. I am somewhat new to FreeBsd and am not sure of how to go
about this. We are trying to let home dsl users connect securely to our
corporate lan and browse through 'network neighborhood'. Home users are
using win9x with PGP Personal Firewall and the Office runs FreeBsd 4.1.
The Firewall is nated. All incoming requests are blocked so I also don't
know what holes if any to poke in the firewall. I included the
FreeBsd ipsec package when I installed the system but after looking at
the man pages I don't get it. I have looked for a howto as well as a
tutorial and haven't found anything on setting up the vpn. If anyone
know of an idiot proof howto or some good resources please let me know.
If more info is needed I will do my best to supply it.

Thanks,
Hamilton Hoover