Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:01:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Gary D. Kline" <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   can't rm -f /var/empty:: a new feature for 4.7?

  Hi Folks,

  While running mergemaster with "t" to /tmp, I created a /var/tmp/empty.
  All are dirs, and "empty" is mode "dr-".  Not even root can chmod or
  rmdir.  I may be wrong, but the index node does no seem  to point to
  itself.   Any ideas on what's going on?  How to remove?  This is more
  of a HUH, WHAT THE HELL? than anything.  I'm stumped.  It this a new
  security feature in 4.7PRE?

  gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix