Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:06:38 +0200
From:      "Martin Werner" <martin@werner.st>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   postfix + maildrop and virtual mailboxes

Hi,

I'm trying to set up maildrop to act as virtual transport for my hosted
domains to configure maildrop to deliver spam-mail into the users INBOX.spam
IMAP folder.

In main.cf I set virtual_transport=maildrop and of course
virtual_mailbox_maps (works with the default postfix mda).

Trying this with maildrop will not work (see excerpt from maillog):

Sep 20 22:01:51 web01 postfix/pipe[67339]: 627BF5C9F: to=<user@domain.com>,
orig_to=<orig@domain.com>, relay=maildrop, delay=0.04,
delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown. Command
output: Invalid user specified. )

Although user@domain.com is of course defined in the virtual mailbox map!
The postfix MAILDROP_README didn't really help.

Any ideas? Thx in advance, cheers,
  -Martin-