Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:30:28 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & ASUS A7V/VIA KT133 chipset

On Thursday, 24 August 2000 at  8:34:58 -0500, Guy Helmer wrote:
> I'm looking at buying an ASUS A7V motherboard (for AMD Thunderbird & Duron
> CPUs) that uses the VIA KT133 chipset.  Does anyone happen to have one of
> these working with FreeBSD?  I noticed Steve Kargl's recent query about a
> minor problem with a somewhat similar board, the Abit KA7, and I would
> like to be sure about this motherboard...

We have a bug in the timer code which some of these Athlon boards
trigger.  If you're affected, you'll get thousands of "microuptime
went backwards" messages.  The workaround is to disable APM.

Apart from that, I don't think there's any particular problem with the
board.  I'm running an Athlon, and I'm happy with it.

Greg