Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2015 23:05:13 +1000
From:      "Joe Shevland" <joe.shevland@hushmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Docker

I'd go for a Linux environment if I was going to use Docker.

Aside from that, in general I break it down into steps first when trying to debug a problem. Remove the -q for a start to suppress warnings. The wget fails because of an invalid certificate on the site, try:

$ cd /tmp
$ wget --no-check-certificate https://get.docker.com -O temp.sh

That'll get you the install script in /tmp/temp.sh.

But the script deliberately looks for linux variants and will abort when you run it on freebsd... my understanding was Docker relies on Linux kernalisms fairly heavily (I don't know how far you get with linux compat in freebsd).