Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:11:52 -0600
From:      Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KNE100TX - Ethernetcard

Yeah,

I get the same message when I work on the standalone box, I was
referring to. However I can do an ifconfig -a and the device shows up
present as de0. And after I get to a prompt it even gives me an error
to the tone of "are you sure your cable is plugged in." I know it
works...

This is going to sound really dumb, but...
1.) Try moving it into a different PCI slot- I've had to do this before
2.) Go to kingston.com and download the utility for this card use a dos
bootdisk and boot into dos, switch disks, run the utility and reprogram
the rom for 11/320 or 10/300. FreeBSD likes these!!!
3.) Adjust FreeBSD accordingly.