Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 22:56:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sourabh Ladha <ladha@mail.eecis.udel.edu>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gateway and FreeBSD

Hi,
  [my apologies if similar stuff has been discussed before]

  I was trying to get FreeBSD 5.0 Release on my just bought Gateway Laptop
(400x). unfortunately it seems there are lot of broken sides...One of the
hardware that I could not find support was for my IDE controller
(Intel 82801CAM):

* pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at driver 31.3 (no driver attached)
* pci0: <simple comms> at device 31.6 (no driver attached)

Unfortunately, I just can't proceed from this..What should I expect ..will
there be more support in the coming releases. I would really appreciate
any input..

Thanks a lot,
Sourabh //

(P.S.: please cc me as I am not on the mailing-list)