Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 01:35:05 +0100
From:      "Walter W. Hop" <walter@binity.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to setup routes through another (aliased) IP?

Hi all,

I have just one quick question. In RH Linux I always used to set up routes
like this: ``route add -host 1.2.3.4 eth0:5'', which caused packets to
that host to come from the IP address associated with eth0:5, instead of
the default route. I did my best with the FreeBSD route and various
parameters, but can't get it right... (I have an xl0 interface with a
few IP addresses)

Any clues on this? Sorry to bother you with this :)

walter

--
 Walter W. Hop <walter@binity.com> | +31 6 24290808 | PGP key: 0xD4DD8DEB