Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2008 01:02:30 +0000
From:      "Kemian Dang" <dangkm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "ifconfig ndis0 scan" halt on root and nothing on normal user

Hi, there
I have a broadcom wireless card on laptop and want to use it.
I installed the driver with "ndisgen" and after reboot, everything
looks OK, ifconfig shows the ndis is working:

ndis0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether 00:1a:73:8e:79:d8
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
        status: no carrier
        authmode OPEN privacy OFF bmiss 7 scanvalid 60 protmode CTS bintval 0

Then I changed to root, and run:
ifconfig ndis0 up
ifconfig ndis0 scan

When I was doing the scan, the command halt and no output. Then I use
a normal user to do the same thing. It run in very fast and give blank
output.

Anybody have any idea on this things?

Best wishes,
Kemian