Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:39:56 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        kde-nonlinux@mail.kde.org
Subject:   OT:Kde2.2

Anyone had luck with running Kde2.2 with the screensavers working?
How did you go about activating the screensavers? I try to activate mine
here but end up with blank screen all the time. Initially they seemed to
work until either,
(i) I changed the perms on *.kss in /usr/local/bin to 4555 or
(ii) I did
 cd ~wash
rm -rf .kde/
I am not sure which but I just upgraded to Kde2.2 on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE
and trust me, I never had the screensavers work with Kde2.1. With XFCE
they seem to work okay, even with gdm (this monster corrupts the file
system, no?)

Just looking out for ideas.

I searched Kde list archives but it would appear that Kde was actually
meant for Linux, with which I don't have much hands-on experience.

Thanks

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Sleep away the years, sleep away the pain, wake tomorrow - a girl again.
-Hal Summers