Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 22:24:39 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDT processors?

On Sun, Nov 09, 1997 at 01:55:39PM -0800, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
> > > ALPHA, get that freebsd port done!
> >
> > why would anyone want to use anything else than r10000?
> >
> > now, _that_ would be a port i'd like to see, freebsd on SGI platform.
> >
> > how likely is it?
> >

> > mickey
>
> Then let's start a port. I have an O2 R10K at home. I might be able to
> get some insider information. Considering that people internal have
> done a Linux port (or part of it) as also they have done a NT kernel
> for a Challenge L.
>
> On the other side I am looking at a project involving a Mips R4300i,
> a SCSI controller and several EIDE controller ;-)

Isn't the R4300i the processor used in the Nintendo N64? Now that
would be something!

Personally, I'd love to help with a port like this -- the problem
of course would be getting information from Nintendo..

I suspect the rest of the R4300 would be well documented, at least
superficially the entire MIPS lineup seems to be fairly "open"
and documented.

-Mark

> Ulf.

> Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
> Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net  | Fax#: 510-521-5073

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code
Win95/NT - 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to
an an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.  -UGU