Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:46:51 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-users@uk.freebsd.org, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Douglas Adams, ApacheCon, and horns aplenty

Hi guys,

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this.

We (i.e., BSDi) were at ApacheCon in London Tuesday/Wednesday of this week.

The keynote speaker on Tuesday night was Douglas Adams.

I wasn't in the auditorium to witness it myself, but apparently he stopped
in mid-sentence part way through his presentation, and in somewhat
incredulous tones said

    Er, are people wearing *horns* in here?

which prompted much laughter from the conference goers.

I'm just kicking myself that I didn't have the presence of mind to hand him
a pair before he started. . .