Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:55:00 +0400
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SourceForge changing file distribution scheme!

* Erwin Lansing (erwin@FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> > I've noticed that SF is changing file distribution scheme significantly,
> > and I guess that will affect many ports and maybe infrastructure.
>
> I fear the same, unfortunately.  However, I haven't as yet been able to
> identify a consistency in the new scheme.

It seems that there's no consistency. There are 3 components of URL
between /project/ and filename, and they are seemingly arbitary.

> Is it only new files that are put in the /project/ folder?  Will
> all files slowly migrate to the new file structure? Or is there
> something different internally in SF whether something is a project
> or just a file?

I guess it's done automatically for all new releases. However, I can
check.

> > As you can see, the distfile now redirects to another path and also
> > another mirror. As fetch doesn't follow redirects by default, this won't
> > work. My idea is that in addition to [old scheme]
> >
> > MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE+= \
> >         http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/%SUBDIR%/
> >
> > we'll need to add
> >
> > MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_NEW+= \
> >         http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/project/%SUBDIR%/
> >
> > with coresponding macro (SF -> SFNEW)
> >
> > and we'll have to add pretty complex MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR to each updated
> > port from SF.
> >
> I have received a similar patch from Sylvio Cesar, but this only fixes
> the issue with the directory changing from sourceforge to project, it
> doesn't address the changing of servers you also showed in the example.

There's no problem with changing servers. It just redirects to another
mirror, if you use old scheme for new files, but if you use new scheme
URL, there're no redirects and it should just work with our mirror set
as before.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru