Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:47:41 -0400
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Video Card Compatitbitly

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 06:14:40AM -0700, Cosmic 665 wrote:
> Hello;
>

>   I am interrested in FreeeBSD and will purchase the OS within this
> month.  However, it is extremely hard trying to search for "Video Card
> Compatitblity" when I see NO links for them.  I need to know if my video
> cards are supported under FreeBSD.  I have a Number Nine Imagine 128
> (series 2) and a Matrox mystique 220.   Please give me a link to the
> "Video Card" compatitly page ro send me a list of compatble Video Cards.
>

> Thanks :)
>
> Cosmic-665

This is practically an FAQ and, unless I'm way off, a brief note
like:

	FreeBSD will work with just about any video card.
	The greater question is whether the X Window System
	supports the card. To answer that question see
	www.xfree86.org.

would take care of many cases.

That's at least *something* for Handbook/Compatible Hardware/Video.

Greg