Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 07:35:02 +0200
From:      "andre thomasson" <andre@krang.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2 questions about inetd/mysql

Hello!

i decided to use ftpd in FreeBSD5.0, and uncommented the #ftp in my =
inetd.conf
but the problem is that my inetd.conf seems not to load when i boot the =
machine.
ftpd is still not working! i have to maually write "inetd" in the shell =
(after the boot) to evoke the ftpd daemon.
any clue? ( my former installations has not behave like that )

and here is another question:

i try to install mysql3xxx-server from ports and during the compilation =
i get Errorcode1
"could not resolve hostname" i have checked in my rc.conf that my =
machine got a proper hostname, and my network is working fine.=20

to be honnest i havnt tried to solve the mysql problem that much, i just =
took the chance to ask :-)

anyway many of you guys rox!=20

Andre Thomasson