Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:46:06 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if you wanted somewhere else to mirror 4.3-RELEASE from..

jason andrade wrote (2001/04/22):
> I've managed to get a semi complete mirror of freebsd 4.3
> for i386 if you're looking for an alternate place to mirror
> from.  I've run into ftp.freebsd.org refusing logins as
> it fills up.

I have 90 MB at now and speed is about 35 KB/s on ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org
(TEN site with 2.5 Gb/s backbone and 155 Mb/s connection to main
node in Germany - Europe of course). How big is 4.3-RELEASE, please?

> rsync://planetmirror.com/freebsd/releases/i386/4.3-RELEASE/

Rsync is on my today's TODO list. Please, do you have any fast
how-to-setup-server-and-test-rsync-client? Thanks.

> i'm still waiting to try and get the ISO image from someone
> already downloading it.

At now, I have 5 % (speed ranges from 20 to 50 KB/s). I can be much
faster, but it is almost impossible to get more parallel connections.

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science