Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:07:31 +0300
From:      "Android Andrew" <android@oberon.pfi.lt>
To:        "Alexey Karagodov" <karagodov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE: Unexplained power off

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:31:08 +0300, Alexey Karagodov <karagodov@gmail.co=
m>  =

wrote:

> are you realy SURE that you workstation turned off? i think it just
> "sleeping" ;-) .
> after power and boot up is your file-systems "clean" or fsck takes pla=
ce
> during boot-time?
> please, check your power-save settings in BIOS and is OS ...

Thanks for idea Alexey!
I think it is not "sleeping" because log messages look like ones after  =

crash:

Aug 15 00:23:04 callisto kernel: Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ar0s=
1a
Aug 15 00:23:04 callisto kernel: WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
Aug 15 00:23:04 callisto kernel: WARNING: /home was not properly dismoun=
ted
Aug 15 00:23:04 callisto kernel: WARNING: /tmp was not properly dismount=
ed
Aug 15 00:23:04 callisto kernel: WARNING: /usr was not properly dismount=
ed
Aug 15 00:23:04 callisto kernel: WARNING: /var was not properly dismount=
ed

Sometimes system boots in single-user mode with "run fsck mannualy"  =

message.

I've tried to play with power-save settnigs in BIOS and with kernel  =

apm-module but it takes no effect.

There are two SATA-HDD in my system. They are configured as RAID0 ("Inte=
l  =

Matrix" on-board controller). I guess the problem could be here, but I  =

don't know how to check it.

     _