Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:09:14 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
Cc:        ben@rosengart.com, Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sparc board, and clones

Stefan Molnar wrote:

> > > P.S. We can ask Sun Microsystem if they can sell us MotherBoards at
> > > 50% of the price...
> >
> > I don't know about 50%, but I believe Chuck Youse and I can get some
> > discount, since we work for a Sun reseller.
>
> I work at sun, and I can not get that.

Sun's "standard" discounts for developers are 40% for anything Sun
makes,
and 25% on things they OEM -- like disk drives.  These are from Sun list
price; no other discounts apply.

I think you have to join the Catalyst program to qualify for these
discounts,
but the discount can save you the cost of the Catalyst membership,
depending
on the system you buy.  The discounts often do not apply to the very
low-
end hardware like the Ultra-5; Sun already sells these on much slimmer
than
normal margins.

--
            Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?
Wes Peters