Date:      Sat, 6 May 2000 14:23:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cheap vid capture

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a cheap card that takes ntsc video in and works well
with FreeBSD?  Most of the web outlets don't tell me anything about what
chipset is on the card...

Also, is there any way to do either Real Video or QT encoding on the same
box?  I seem to recall that there's a Linux version of the real encoder,
can this operate without X?  I know I can get the Real and QT servers
native, but I'm stumped on how to encode a live stream without involving a
windows box.

There's always server-push, but... blech.

Thanks,

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman