Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:51:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein-freebsd-questions@theloosingend.net>
To:        Eric Murphy <eam404@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Few simple questions..

* Eric Murphy [2005-08-21 01:50 -0500]
:
>  So if it doesnt read /etc how can I set global colors (for all users)
>  for a interactive shell that isnt a login shell? Without creating
>  ~/.bashrc's in each home directory.

While this is not what you're asking, I would advise you to set the
CLICOLOR environment variable to YES. This makes bsd-ls output in color.

To use bsd-ls on a bsd-system make alot more sense than to use gnu-ls,
since gnu-ls doesn't know about certain things about the UFS filesystem.
Ie. it won't recognize the -o option.

I set these eniromnet variable in login.conf:

CLICOLOR=YES
LSCOLORS=ExGxFxdxCxDxDxaccxaeex

The first make bsd-ls output in colors, and the other makes bsd-ls output
about the same colors that gnu-ls does.

>  Im useing the emu10k1 driver and have sound comming out of all my
>  speakers (includeing the sub) is there a way to adjust each channel?
>  Maybe some sort of advanced mixer??

mixer(8) will do that.