Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:11:17 -0500
From:      Steven Curtis <sjc@qx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install problems

I'm sorry for asking this question, but it seems I'm having trouble installing FreeBSD 4.1.1 RELEASE on an HP Vectra series 8.  It's equiped with a 3COM 3C905B ethernet card.  I am attempting an FTP install, and when I'm presented with a list of options, I only get PLIP and PPP, no ethernet.  The kernel messages go by so fast, I can't tell what's reported about the ethernet device that got probed.  I haven't figured out a way to review the kernel messages during the install.  The "holographic" shell that's available doesn't seem to allow me to see them via dmesg.  Is there something about the Vectra series 8 or the 3C905B that I missed in the archives?  Does anyone know how I can review what the kernel messages were during an install?

Thanks for any help.
sjc