Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:09:15 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      groggy@iname.com
To:        "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry@panam.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem problem

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Alain G. Fabry wrote:

here's some info off one of my machines that
may help.  remember that s0=1 will cause the
modem to pick up on 1 ring.

cu -s 38400 -p port1 PHONE-NUMBER

/etc/uucp/dial

dialer hayes
#chat  "" AT&F OK ATA OK # for auto-answer/callback
chat   "" AT&F OK ATH OK AT&F OK AT&C1&D2S0=0 OK ATDT\T CONNECT
chat-fail BUSY
chat-fail ERROR
chat-fail NO\sDIALTONE
chat-fail NO\sCARRIER