Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 19:38:41 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Charlie Root <vel@ns.kbsu.ru>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Programming questions

Hello people !

I have some questions about programming under FreeBSD.

1. When my process receives signal, what is the simplest and fastest way
to look for PID of process who sent me this signal ?

2. Is there any way to do accept() or another function like this without
locking while waiting ? For example, my program wants to handle many
network connections at a time without cloning via fork(). I know that
some programs, such as ircd, do this. But how ?

Pre-thanks.
---
Eugene L. Vorokov, Kabardino-Balkarian State University, Russia
vel@ns.kbsu.ru
vel@hub.kbsu.ru