Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 11:29:24 +0900
From:      Takashi Inoue <takash-i@sophia.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cpufreq on 5.4R

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your post.

> Only acpi_throttle is supported in the 5.4 version of cpufreq.  I'm
> hoping to get an MFC of the -current version in soon although there
> are a couple nits I'd like to fix there first.

I see. I'll try the throttle. I hope your excelent works are MFCed to 5
soon.

> I'm not sure the port works properly with cpufreq.  A better thing is
> to use the est.c from -current.  Or just wait for MFC.

I see. I'll also try cvsup current cpufreq when I have time.
By the way,  I cannot see the difference between est and ichss.
Should I use est insted of ichss? ThinkPad X40 has an Intel i855GME
chipset.
I thought I can use either est or ichss and ichss is better.
Maybe I'm confused.

Cheers, Takashi