Date:      17 Oct 2002 16:29:42 +0100
From:      Tom Carrick <knyghtmare@knyghtmare.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail woe

--=-IfTMckQS1EUVP/Gl49RF

I've been having this problem for some time, I thought the upgrade to
4.7 might fix it - it didn't. Neither did using a fresh config file from
/usr/src/etc/sendmail.

The problem is this: while SMTP works fine, and sendmail otherwise works
for the receiving of mail, sendmail doesn't seem to send mail correctly.
It appears to be sending it to (the SMTP server on?) localhost.com,
instead of locally. Thus I can't send mail via sendmail, or via anything
that uses it.

The error messages change depending on the state of localhost.com,
before it said relaying denied, now it just times out. I have a feeling
changing my hostname from domain.tld to sub.domain.tld would be a
workaround, but I'm looking for a better solution. I'm 95% sure I'm
missing something simple here.

Thanks.

--=-IfTMckQS1EUVP/Gl49RF

--=-IfTMckQS1EUVP/Gl49RF--