Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 01:41:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to power off an ATX power supply machine on shutdown ?

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Note there's no mention of the limiting to version 1.1 or 1.0.  Anyhow..
> try rebooting with the flags set to 0x0 and see if that works.  I assume
> that if you've got an ATX mobo, the BIOS is new enough that the APM
> implementation shouldn't be too buggy...

I tried this; now it properly powers off. However, at bootup I get the
message: "Warning: / not unmounted properly"

Could it be because the system thinks everything is flushed, but something
is still in the disk's write-cache? (If such a beast exists...)

Is a delay needed between the final sync's and the actual power off?

leif@neland.dk