Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:22:52 -0500
From:      Karim Fodil-Lemelin <kfl@xiphos.ca>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        mallman@icir.org
Subject:   Re: Removing T/TCP and replacing it with something simpler

Our product is a TCP/IP accelerator for satellite communications please
see http://www.xiplink.com/technology/xiplink_technology-datasheet.html.
Also, please see http://www.scps.org/scps/ for an explanation of our
Transport layer implementation. BTW, The marketing dep has renamed T/TCP
to fast start and we actually made some modifications to FreeBSD's T/TCP
but the rfc1644 principles are the same.

Julian Elischer wrote:

> Karim Fodil-Lemelin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>    I am jumping in here, was too busy to read the list for the last 2
>> weeks,  so please excuse my intrusion. We are using T/TCP in our
>> product line and are very happy with the performance gain. Could you
>> tell me what is the rational for removing T/TCP
>> (security/performances/code complexity, etc ..) from FreeBSD?
>>
>> Again, sorry for being a bit off topic here.
>

> what a pitty you didn't notice while it was under discussion: :-(

Yes It is although we are very flexible and so a replacement might be as
good if not better then what we have now. Especially from a code and
security perspective. We have always appreciated BSD Engineering process
and I believe that until we get to see FreeBSD 6.x STABLE we will be
more then ready.

--
Karim Fodil-Lemelin
Lead Programmer

Xiphos Technologies Inc.
(514) 848-9640 x223
(514) 848-9644 fax
www.xiplink.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.