Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:08:37 +0800
From:      "Alex Kwan" <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
To:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why only the CD-R/RW not work?

Hi! Sean,

I use the GENERIC kernel, it has device   atapicd,
my kernel:
device        ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq14
device        ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq15
device        atadisk
device        atapicd
device        atapifd
device        atapist
options       ATA_STATIC_ID

Thanks

> Alex Kwan stated:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I copy the pccard.conf from a Toshiba Tecra510CDT to aToshiba
Libretto-60,
> > all the pc card are working well (compact flash, ethernet, modem card)
like
> > under the original Laptop, but it is only the cdrom not work and got
> > following
> > error message:
> >
> > /kernel: ata3-slave: <RICOH CD-R/RW MP7040A/1.2> CDROM device - NO
DRIVER!