Date:      Sat, 2 May 1998 18:31:03 -0500
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>, "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'Shawn Ramsey'" <shawn@cpl.net>
Subject:   RE: Old does *not* mean dead!

I was about to say this was untrue, and then I thought about
it for a second:  I remembered that all of the SX's had 4mb
boards, but I did NOT count the 2mb on the motherboard...  Doh.

I will try and install one with just 4mb and see what happens!

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org

> Although I am told that 2.2.5-R needs more than 4mb to load, I have
> *not* seen it - every one of the SX's were ok at 4mb.

It takes more than 4mb to install current versions of FreeBSD, but its
supposed to boot in 4.