Date:      Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:25:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        Barbish3@adelphia.net
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: run perl scrip with post form from apache

> Thanks for you pointers, they helped me to move further
> on into different problem.
>
> I added the addhandler statement and  ExecCGI
>
> There are no <Limit></Limit> at all
>
> The httpd-error.log has these messages now
>
> (2)No such file or directory: exec of /usr/local/www/data/sim.pl
> failed
> [client ] Premature end of script headers:
> /usr/local/www/data/sim.pl

I haven't followed the whole thread, just seen this piece.  But,
whenever I have seen that error message (and it has been many times)
I discovered that the blank line ending the header in the page I
am trying to write back out is missing.   It has to have a completely
empty line - not even any white space characters on it.

Sometimes it got that way because some part of my cgi code failed and
sometimes it was because I just forgot to include the double newline (\n\n)
in my print statement.

I won't guarantee that is it, but is something to check.

////jerry