Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 21:29:32 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        back0003@gold.tc.umn.edu
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Floating point exceptions in Tcl port.

 * When I run 'make test' after making the Tcl port, I get a number of
 * messages from the kernel about processes exiting with masked floating
 * point exceptions.  Could someone please explain the meaning and
 * significance of these messages.

I don't know how you can do a "make test", as there is no "test"
target in the Makefile.  If you mean you went into work/tcl7.3 (or
something like that) and did a "make test" and got FP errors, that
sounds like a serious problem.  Please send a detailed report (output
of "make test", "dmesg" or anything we can use to identify the
problem).

To ports people: by the way, someone want to maintain tcl?  It's way
too important to leave it MAINTAINER-less, with me answering questions
with shots in the dark like this. ;)

Satoshi