Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:21:56 -0000
From:      "Fam. van Achterberg" <Rob.van.Achterberg@gironet.nl>
To:        "freebsd-isdn" <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   When running i4b error: permission denied or command not found

Hi,

I'm a DOS-user and interested in migrating to FreeBSD. I recently bought
(and installed) the complete FreeBSD from walnut creek (2.2.7 release). Of
course, I'd like to have a proper connection to the internet with FreeBSD. I
downloaded and installed i4b, in order to be able to use a TELES BRI
16.3-adapter.
I'm having difficulty configuring i4b. When trying to run isdnd, I get error
messages with 'permission denied'. If I change to root (with su), I get
error messages with 'Command not Found'.
I guess (and hope) I overlooked just one small thing, but after spending
hours reading the documentation, I can't seem to find it.
I copied the sample file isdnd.rc to /etc/isdn/isdnd.rc, and modified with
proper telephone numbers, etc. Also, i copied the rc.isdn-PPP to
/etc/rc.isdn and modified it with isp-specifications (pap, author.name,
etc.). Both files have user, group and other executable set.

What am I missing?

Greetings,

Rob van Achterberg
Nijmegen - the Netherlands