Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 16:21:57 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   New PC-Emu

As usual with anything you undertake that you plan to get done
quickly, this has mushroomed 8)

After sitting down and looking at the huge pile of patches that we
apply to PC-Emu, plus Luigi and Serge's extras, etc. it became clear
that what we had on our hands was the makings of a fairly substantial
upgrade, and that it would be a Real Pain in the Butt to maintain
this many slowly-overlapping sets of changes.

So anyway, what it boils down to is that David Hedley is quite happy for
me to roll a new PC-Emu release and take over looking after it.

I can't promise to do any serious development on it, although I can
see some places where it would win greatly from the DOScmd code, but
I'll undertake to accept patches and coordinate releases.

Blah blah blah.

I have something that vaguely approximates a cut at this here (very
ragged still though 8( ), and what I'm looking for is a small set of
testers (perferably ones that are using PC-Emu already) to check that
I've correctly merged things and that the result is mildly cohesive.

If/when this proves the case, I'll release the result in
comp.emulators.misc and make a 'real' port out of it.

If you're interested, have a look at
  ftp://gsoft.com.au/pub/pcemu1.9pre.tar.gz

and let me know how you go.