Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:30:03 +1100 (EDT)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bus/Processor specific I/O methods - was Re: Beginning SPARC port

In some mail from Amancio Hasty, sie said:

> > Well, the Solaris2 kernel is 600k (/platform/sun4m/kernel/unix) for 2.5.1,
>
> You mean their OS boot loader is 600k 8)
>
> Last but not least I miss the part of a critical and or constructive
> criticism. It  almost looks like you are having a bad day 8)

Ack!  Sorry.

the kernel (/kernel/genunix) is 880k.  /kernel is around 9M in size and
is just comprimsed of the kernel + modules.

so around 14 - 15M of modules, all up.

my reference to a 10M kernel wasn't how big /kernel would be, but how
big the kernel is when running in multiuser mode (when you've got all
your drivers and everything else loaded and have allocated memory to
store information about anything which might be relevant).