Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:29:13 +0100
From:      Richard T C Farnes <rcfarnes@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why do you use a devil as a mascot?

Why do some people get  hung up in some  features of our cute little mascot
that remind them of devils. You must look at it in a positive way that
represents FreeBSD like a sporting character that has a sporty attitude. Just
observe the modern running shoes and it has a harpoon in its hand to signify
being ready to attack all problems on the way. Linux has only a lazy penguin
that does not seem to be  doing anything except sitting on its behind.

Hope this answers all questions about this matter
Sign
Richard Farnes