Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 06:45:56 +0300
From:      Andrew <perl@ukrpost.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   GPL, BSD, Artistic license

Hello All.

  Can  anyone  explain  me  some  points  of  GPL.  What  if I develop
application that doesn't use any GPL/LGPL libraries. I want to make it
available  under  GPL.  The  software  package is fully functional and
distributed  in  source  codes.  I offer the software with support and
installation  for some fee. There are optional add-ons: windows client
developed  with  another  free  compiler  and  web administration tool
developed  in  Perl  (or  PHP).  I want to distribute those add-ons on
commercial  basis  only. The main package contains some code, required
for  addons.  Is  that  conforms to GPL (and Artistic license for Perl
module)? What if there will be two versions of main package available:
Lite  (GPL,  no  code  for  addons)  and  Pro  (commercial, addons and
appropriate code in main package included)??

  And now the same questions for BSD license.

  Thanks in advance.

--
Yours sincerely,
 Andrew                          mailto:perl@ukrpost.net