Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:17:56 +0200
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, maanjee@gmail.com
Subject:   Please Help AMD, mysql, FreeBSD 64

Hello

Just wondering if I can get an advice from this forum?

What kind of hardware i.e.(Processor, RAM) I need to accomplish following
jobs on a FreeBSD plateform:

I have some mysql dumps around 2 GB each....with each record is 100 KB...

1. What is the best method to import them into a mysql database without
getting any "Out of Memory" Error? or freezing MySQL?

2. If I run a little Perl script and read a mysql record per iteration, how
can I avoid "illigle memory address" access errors?

Somebody talked about AMD 64 processor with FreeBSD 64 version, etc?

I will be really grateful for your kind advices/suggestions....

Regards

VeeJay

--
Thanks!