Date:      Sun, 30 Aug 2020 15:06:24 -0700
From:      Hal Murray <hmurray@megapathdsl.net>
To:        Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, hmurray@megapathdsl.net
Subject:   Re: (very OT) Ideal partition schemes (history of partitioning)

ralf-mardorf@riseup.net said:
> Btw. I'll only _try_ to replace my not that good, but quite usable, but aged
> and dusty analog 35 mm camera, a Canon AE-1 Program. I don't know, if a
> middle-rate digital camera can replace it. My target isn't ...

Digital is the way to go unless you want to play in a darkroom with old
chemicals and such.

Several years ago, a friend who is a camera geek told me that the switch to
digital by professionals was very abrupt.  Two things happened at roughly the
same time.  A digital picture made the cover of Sports Illustrated and the
airlines started xraying carryon baggage.

Since this started as a disk space discussion, there is a neat trick that
generates lots of data.  If you want a picture with fantastic depth of field
and your subject is holding still, you can get it.  The camera takes a series
of pictures focused at different distances.  Software sorts it out.  If you
have seen a fantastic picture of an insect, this is how it happened.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.